Friday, February 18, 2011

My Recent Geekery


1. demo roar backpack by ArtsiBitsi
2. Forest for your fridge by iamhome
3. Totoro decal for iphone by Decalz
4. Jelly Fish by Lazymuse
5. Neck Warmer by fadingendlessly
6. owl pendant by VanityDesign
7. periodic table by Melony
8. piano Ring by Sypria

My recent escapades in the realm of geekery have inspired the above collage from Etsy.com.

Now to expand on my own pursuits in geekiness:

I have recently started to play Magic The Gathering, with my SO and his roommates. I actually learned how to play a few years ago but I am just now getting really into it. I started just by playing a few of my SO's decks, including a red boros deck and a green pump deck. Playing these gave me a refresher on the rules, before I built my own Blue/white flyer deck, which, well wasn't a great success, but taught me a lot about deck building. Today I took that deck apart and began planning a green/blue pump deck. The game is great for people who like strategy.

I also set myself with the goal of beating Super Mario Bros 1 without skipping worlds. This came about while I was playing out of boredom, skipped to world four and began to die, well, a lot. My SO bearing witness to this utter nintendo failure, challenged me to reaching world four without warping in order to practice. By the afternoon, I had beat world four, but since then I have been stuck on world five, with countless murders at the hands of the hammer bros.

My SO has also started to teach me the ancient game of GO, which I am embracing. Go is very challenging, and in order to even have a fair game, I need a handicap. I learned a bit using these tutorials. Learning some basic moves before going up against anyone is highly recommended.

I would love to indulge in the world of Minecraft as well, but my laptop will not support it, so until I get my new computer, it will have to remain a fantasy.

<3 let your inner nerd loose

No comments:

Post a Comment